The California State University, Bakersfield Scholarships is considered as “Gift-Aid” and are funded by corporations, non-profit organizations, and individual donors. These awards are used to help offset the student’s cost of education and can be used to pay for tuition, books, and fees.
Number of Scholarship Awards: 3 or more
Deadline: April 1; Annually
Major: Check official website for more information
Eligible Students: incoming CSUB freshmen who demonstrate academic excellence and leadership capabilities.
– Applicants must reside in the CSUB service region
– Applicants must have an interest in serving the community
– Applicants must demonstrate a viable economic need
Online Application Process:
1. Go to this link: https://csub.academicworks.com/.
2. Once there, you will see a list of scholarships, awards, and grants offered through CSUB. Look for the “Florence Clare Presidential Scholarship” or just type it in the “search” field.
3. Once you’ve found it, click on the yellow “Sign In” and sign in using your CSUB NetID and password.
4. Fill out the scholarship application form and provide the necessary documents.
5. Once you’re done, review your application before submitting it.
Note: All students are required to update their scholarship application each year.
Things You Need To Know Before You Complete Your Application:
1. Personal Information – students are required to provide their most recent and reliable email address. All scholarship Award Letters are sent to the applicant through the email address provided.
Student ID# (NetID) is assigned to each student when he/she applies for admission. This ID# will be used in order to complete a scholarship application. New students will receive an email that will contain their CSUB ID# after they apply for admission. Returning students can find their ID# on their CSUB ID Card.
2. General Application – The questions on the general application forms will help the CSUB system to automatically determine which scholarships you are eligible to apply, as well as give you a list of “Recommended Scholarships”.
3. Academic Information – This section will require you to provide or update information regarding where you attended high school, date of graduation, intended field of study, etc. The CSUB will import your GPA, SAT, ACT, GRE, and/or GMAT scores into the AcademicWorks database.
4. Essay Questions – Answering these questions will help the donors and/or scholarship selection committee members to learn more about your activities and interests, educational and career goals, and any special circumstances.
5. Attaching Letters of Recommendation – all students applying for an award are encouraged to submit at least two (2) recommendation letters for non-family members. These may come from current or former teachers and/or employers.
Note: All Letters of Recommendations must be submitted via AcademicWorks. Those submitted through electronic or hard-copy will not be accepted.
6. “Recommended” Scholarships – these will contain questions that were not asked in the general application form.
7. Thank You Letter Requirements – chosen award recipients are required to “accept” the award and upload a Donor Thank You Letter in order to finalize the receiving of the award.
California State University, Bakersfield
9001 Stockdale Highway,
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1022
Phone: (661) 654-CSUB
Email: [email protected]
For Scholarship Application Questions:
Ms. Tanae McCall, Academic Scholarship Coordinator
Office of Financial Aid & Scholarship
Phone: (661) 654-2592
Email: [email protected]