This scholarship contest is sponsored by Foreclosure.com, a division of Active Data Technologies, Inc. Since its establishment in 2009, the contest has awarded 25 college students with over $45,000 in scholarship money. Each year, the company challenges future leaders of America to provide creative solutions and ideas to some of the nation’s most critical issues.
Amount: 4 of the 5 winners will receive $1,000 each. The top prize winner will receive a total of $5,000
Number of Scholarship Awards: 5
Deadline: December 15
GPA: Check official website for more details
Major: Candidates from all fields of study may participate
– Must be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning (i.e. College, university, or vocational/trade school) upon application.
– Graduate students may not apply.
– Graduating high school seniors may not apply.
– Candidates must be a legal resident of the 50 United States, the United States Territories, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
– Must be at least 13 years of age to apply.
1. Visit Foreclosure.com’s official website (http://www.foreclosure.com/scholarship/).
2. Complete the online entry form. Note: Each student is only allowed to submit one (1) application.
3. Submit an original, unpublished response to the provided scholarship topic: The foreclosure crisis that swept the U.S. several years ago claimed hundreds of well-to-do homeowners, who were forced out of their homes when the U.S. economy hit rock-bottom. Those victims, along with the economy, are now starting to slowly recover. And with the collective home prices, as well as interest rates, still at very high levels, these “foreclosure victims” have transitioned into potential “boomerang buyers.”
How can these buyers with checkered pasts best take advantage of the current desirable real estate market condition? There are different actions that these “boomerang buyers” can take to get back into home ownership. In your own words, please describe how the “rent-to-own” option, among others, might best benefit these people until they are ready to go “all in” for another mortgage.
4. Submit your application along with your essay response.
A qualified panel of judges will be formed to select five (5) potential winners on January 31 based on the following criteria:
• Writing ability – 25%
• Creativity – 25%
• Originality – 25%
• Overall excellence – 25%
In the event of a tie, the applicant with the highest score for overall excellence will be considered the potential winner. Note: The sponsor of this scholarship contest reserves the right to choose less than 5 recipients if it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified application and manuscripts.
Expectation of Recipients:
– Winners are required to submit proof of enrollment to the Sponsor on or before March 1st to receive the award.
– By receiving the prize, the winners agree that the Sponsors may use his/her name, voice and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for advertising and promotional purposes.
– Potential winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and Copyright Assignment within 10 days of being notified. If the potential winner fails to submit these documents, the prize winner will be given to the next applicant with the highest score.
Release of the Award:
The prize money is given in the form of a check and made payable to the post-secondary institution of higher learning attended by the scholars.
1095 Broken Sound Parkway, NW, Suite 200,
Boca Raton, FL 33487
Phone: (561) 988-9669
Email: [email protected]