The Orange County Hispanic Education Endowment Fund (HEEF) extends to the county’s long tradition of financial assistance initiatives. Today, the HEEF represents a concerted effort in the Hispanic community and its commitment to a major educational endowment. These sub-funds have been established in order to represent the organization’s efforts in the diverse areas of study and career pathways that are part of the HEEF family.
Amount: $1,000 to $3,000
Number of Scholarship Awards: Varies
Renewable: Yes (depending on available funds)
Deadline: January 12
GPA: 3.0 or higher
Major: Architecture or Engineering
Eligible Students: Orange County graduating high school seniors who have been accepted or are returning to an accredited postsecondary educational program majoring in architecture or engineering.
HEEF applicants must be:
– Orange County (OC) residents for the past six (6) years of Hispanic descent;
– An OC high school graduate who enrolls as a full-time student at a 4-year or 5-year college program taking up a major in architecture or engineering; or a continuing OC college student who qualifies for a HEEF Sub-fund award.
– Eligible for need-based financial aid. All applicants are required to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and report their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) on their online HEEF application.
– All applicants are required to submit financial information, even if the sub-fund award does not require the submission of the FAFSA or ECF.
Online Application Process:
1. Go to this link: https://oc-cf.academicworks.com/.
2. Once there, you will see a list of scholarships. Scroll through the list until you find the HEEF general fund: “HEEF: Hispanic Education Endowment Fund Scholarship”.
3. Click on “sign up”. You’ll then be prompted to enter an email address and a password; once you’ve entered it, click on “sign up” on the lower-right hand corner of the field.
4. This will then take you to the Orange County Community Foundation general application. You’ll have to answer all the required questions (which are marked with an asterisk). Please click on “Yes” on the question “Are you a HEEF applicant?” You can save and return to complete your HEEF online application afterwards, or you can click “finish and submit”.
5. The system will match you to HEEF sub-funds and non-HEEF scholarships that you are eligible to apply. There are a total of 30 sub-fund scholarships under the HEEF; you may be matched to multiple HEEF sub-funds. However, eligible students may only apply to one HEEF sub-fund regardless of the number of possible matches.
6. We highly recommend that you carefully review the eligibility criteria of sub-fund matches and choose the one that is most appropriate to you. Applying for an HEEF sub-fund is only optional. Eligible students may apply for one or more non-HEEF scholarships offered through the Orange County Foundation.
7. After carefully reviewing your application, submit before the deadline for review.
Hispanic Education Endowment Fund (HEEF)
Orange County Community Foundation
4041 MacArthur Boulevard, Suite 510
Newport Beach, CA 92660
If you have any questions about the regarding the scholarship, please contact: