Since 2003, Attorney Michael A. DeMayo has offered high school seniors the opportunity to win a scholarship for their post-secondary education. The $2,500 award money may be used to pay for the recipient’s tuition, room and lodging, books, and other educational expenses that may be needed by an incoming college freshman.
Since the scholarship program started, it has grown and is now able to award 15 scholarships across 23 different countries. Michael A. DeMayo, LLP, is proud to make a difference in its communities by awarding over $267,500 in college scholarships to 117 highly deserving North and South Carolina students since 2003.
Number of Scholarship Awards: Check the official website for more details
Deadline: Varies each year
GPA: A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Major: Scholarship recipients may pursue their preferred major or field of study
Eligible Students: High school or home-schooled seniors
– Applicants must be current residents and are attending high school in one of the following counties:
o North Carolina: Macklenburg, Gaston, Catawba, Union, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Lincoln, Rowan, Caldwell, Stanley, Iredell, Alexander, Burke, Robeson, Scotland, Richmond, Anson and Cumberland
o South Carolina: Chesterfield, Dillon, Marlboro, Lancaster and York
– Applicants must meet the minimum cumulative GPA requirement
– Must be accepted to an accredited 4-year college or university
– Must enroll as a full-time student
1. Go to www.demayolaw.com. Click on the “Community Service” tab, then “Scholarship Program;” you’ll find the link to the latest scholarship application form.
2. Download the application form and fill it out completely. Your application may be typed, neatly printed or computer generated.
3. Attach a recent photo of yourself to the application.
4. Include an official or unofficial high school transcript showing your class rank, class size, test scores, and GPA.
5. If not included in your transcript, provide a copy your SAT/ACT test scores (a printout from CollegeBoard.com is acceptable).
6. Provide two (2) recommendation letters assessing your academic potential, academic progress and achievements, community and school involvement or volunteer activities. The letters may come from teachers, coaches, school administrators, club advisors, volunteer or work supervisors, employers, religious leaders, or family friends.
7. Prepare a presentation that encourages your fellow teens to abstain from underage drinking and driving and/or highlights the dangers of drinking and driving. Your presentation may be a video, PowerPoint, brochure, website, or essay.
8. Submit all application materials as a single package to:
Michael A. DeMayo Scholarship Program
Attn: Josh Madsen
P.O. Box 34426
Charlotte, NC 28234
You may also personally deliver your application package at their office by 5 p.m. at:
1211 East Morehead Street
Charlotte, NC 28204
1090 Lenoir-Rhyne Boulevard
SE Hickory, NC 28602
406 S. Sutherland Avenue,
Monroe, NC 28112
600 C East Farringdom Street
Lumberton, NC 28358
All submitted applications will be judged without regards to race, gender, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Michael A. DeMayo, LLP
1211 E. Morehead Street,
Charlotte, North Carolina 28204
Phone: (704) 333-1000 or (877) 529-1222
Fax: (704) 291-9292