The Oliver Joel & Ellen Pell Deny Healthcare scholarship is administered by The Winston-Salem Foundation for North Carolina students who are seeking a first-time associate or baccalaureate degree, certificate, or diploma in a field in healthcare. Preference is given to applicants who are residing in the following counties: Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Stokes, Surry, and Yadkin.
Amount: The award amounts vary but will not exceed $3,000
Number of Scholarship Awards: Varies
Deadline: August 15th of each year
GPA: A cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 for all health care programs
Major: Registered nursing, licensed practical nursing, nuclear medicine, radiography, respiratory therapy, and other healthcare programs.
Eligible Students: Graduating high school seniors and college undergraduates
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
– Be seeking a 2 or 4-year degree or be enrolled in a program leading to a certificate or diploma
– Attend an accredited North Carolina college/university pursuing a healthcare education, such as those mentioned above
– Meet the minimum GPA requirement of at least 2.5 for all health care programs
– Be able to provide proof of acceptance into the accredited health care program
– Demonstrate financial need (not restricted to low incomes)
1. Apply for this scholarship program by going to The Winston-Salem Foundation official website and access their Common Application. You’ll need to initially register a username and password to access the online application.
2. After you initially register, you’ll be prompted to complete the “Basic Information and Qualifying Criteria” section of the application. The online system will automatically identify all the scholarships for which you qualify based on the information you provided.
3. After clicking on the link for this scholarship, you’ll need to complete all the other sections of the application. Be prepared to provide the following documents:
• Most recent transcript showing your cumulative GPA
• A signed copy of your federal tax return from last year
• A signed copy of your parents’/guardians’ federal tax returns from last year
• A copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) if you are applying for federal aid
• A copy of the financial aid award letter
4. Click the following buttons on the application menu page to submit your application:
• “Submit Completed Application”
• “Yes, please submit my application”
Note: Applicants can check the status of their application by visiting The Winston-Salem Foundation. Applicants will be notified if they still have requirements that must be sent to the Foundation.
After the Student Aid Committee of The Winston-Salem Foundation selects the recipient(s), the checks will be sent to their home or mailing addresses. The checks will be made payable to both the recipient and their colleges. It will be the responsibility of the recipients to bring their checks to the financial aid office for processing. It usually takes two (2) weeks for the checks to get processed. Separate checks are issued for the fall and spring semesters.
The Winston-Salem Foundation
860 5th Street,
Winston-Salem, NC 2701
Phone: (336) 714-3445
Email: [email protected]