Stella B. Johnson Scholarship Fund – Winston-Salem Foundation
The Stella B. Johnson Scholarship Fund is one of the many non-renewable educational scholarships offered by The Winston-Salem Foundation for students demonstrating financial need to complete their post-secondary education.
Amount: The total amount awarded will vary depending on the scholar’s financial need
Number of Scholarship Awards: The total number of scholarships awarded will depend on the available funds
Deadline: August 15th of each year (However, the earlier the Foundation receives the application, the greater the chances of receiving an award)
GPA: A cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 or higher
Major: Check the official website for more details
– Applicants must be residing in Forsyth County, NC
– Applicants must have achieved and maintained the minimum GPA requirement
– Applicants must have a family adjusted gross income of up to 300% above the Federal Poverty Guidelines
– Applicants must be enrolled at least as part-time students (having a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester) during the academic year in a program leading to a first time 2-year or 4-year degree, certificate, or diploma from an accredited college or university which participates in the federal student aid program
1. Go to The Winston-Salem Foundation official website and access Common Application. You’ll be required to register a username and password before you can access the online application.
2. After your initial registration, you can then start on the online application. Start by filling out the “Basic Information and Qualifying criteria” section of the application. Completing this section will determine which scholarship programs for which you can apply.
3. File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) via www.fafsa.ed.gov to get your Student Aid Report (SAR), which you will need to send to the Foundation to complete your application.
4. Complete all other sections by providing the required information and documents, such as:
a. Most recent academic transcript showing your cumulative GPA
b. Your parents’ or guardians’ federal tax return from last year (if you are a dependent student)
c. A copy of your SAR
d. A copy of your federal tax return from last year
e. A copy of the financial aid award letter.
5. Click on the “Submit Completed Application” button and the “Yes, please submit my application” button to submit your application.
Note: All supporting materials/documents must be received by the Foundation before the deadline in order to be considered for this scholarship. You can check on your application status via www.wsfoundation.org. You’ll be notified if you have any requirements that have yet to be submitted.
It’s The Winston-Salem Foundation’s Student Aid committee that will determine who will receive the scholarships. Once the recipient(s) have been chosen, the Foundation will issue the checks jointly to the college and the recipient. The checks, however, will be mailed to the recipient’s home address. It will be the recipient’s responsibility to forward the check to his/her college’s financial aid office for it to be processed. Check processing approximately takes two (2) weeks.
The Winston-Salem Foundation
860 5th Street,
Winston-Salem, NC 2701
Phone: (336) 714-3445
Email: [email protected]