Virginia Elizabeth & Alma Vane Taylor Student Nurse Fund
The Virginia Elizabeth & Alma Vane Taylor Nursing Scholarship was originally established in 1966 by Alma Vane Taylor’s husband, Mr. Roby E. Taylor, as a nursing student loan fund. The fund was then converted into a scholarship fund in 2004 and is now awarded by The Winston-Salem Foundation. The scholarships are for North Carolina residents who are seeking an associate or baccalaureate degrees in nursing.
Number of Scholarship Awards: Check the official website for more details
Deadline: August 15; Annually
GPA: Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
Eligible Students: High school seniors and college undergraduates
To be considered for this scholarship award, applicants must:
– Demonstrate financial need
– Have a family adjusted gross income not exceeding $80,000
– Be accepted at an accredited North Carolina school of nursing program
– Meet the minimum cumulative GPA requirement
– Be enrolled in an associate or a baccalaureate nursing degree program
– Students who hold masters degrees may not apply
– Be a North Carolina resident
– Be a United States citizen or an eligible non-resident
1. Access The Winston-Salem Foundation’s Common Scholarship Online Application at www.wsfoundation.org. You’ll need to register a username and password before you can access the online application.
2. Complete the online application in full.
3. Provide your most recent transcript of records showing your cumulative GPA. If you are still in high school, your transcript should show your grades through the 1st semester of your 12th grade.
4. Upload a signed copy of your parent/guardians’ federal tax return from last year (if you are a dependent student).
5. You may also be required to provide a signed copy of your latest federal tax return.
6. Upload a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR). You can get your SAR after filing your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) via www.fafsa.ed.gov.
7. You may also be required to provide a copy of the financial aid award letter.
8. Submit your application by clicking “Submit Completed Application” and “Yes, please submit my application” from the application menu page.
Note: The Foundation’s online application system will automatically identify all the scholarships which you are eligible to apply based on the information you enter in the “Basic Information and Qualifying Criteria” section of the application.
• The Winston-Salem Foundation’s Scholarship Committee will be responsible for selecting the recipients.
• Preference will be given to students who are seeking first-time nursing degrees.
• Preference will also be given to applicants who are residents of Davison, Davie, Forsyth, Stokes, Surry, and Yadkin counties.
The Foundation will mail the award money to the recipient’s home address. The check will be made payable to both the recipient and his/her chosen college. It will be the responsibility of the recipient to deliver the check to his/her college’s financial aid office. It usually takes two (2) weeks for the checks to get processed. Separate checks are issued for fall and spring semesters.
The Winston-Salem Foundation
860 5th Street,
Winston-Salem, NC 2701
Phone: (336) 714-3445
Email: [email protected]