The Century Scholars Program (CSP) is a collaboration of efforts between the Texas A&M University and 104 high schools located throughout the state of Texas.
Established in 1999, the CSP is a scholarship and retention program that seeks to increase the number of enrolled students from under-represented Texas high schools.
Howdy Portal Services:
Below we detail some of the features of howdy tamu:
The Student Services section within the Howdy portal allows students to manage various aspects of their academic life. They can view and manage their course schedules, register for classes, access academic records, view grades, and manage financial aid information.
The portal also provides access to important forms, academic advising, and other student support resources.
Faculty Services is a dedicated area for faculty members to manage their courses and interact with students. Instructors can access class rosters, input and submit final grades, and access teaching-related resources such as syllabi templates and assessment tools.
Faculty members can also view their teaching schedule and stay informed about important academic deadlines.
The Employee Services section is a resource for university staff members to manage their employment information. Staff can access payroll data, view pay stubs, update personal information, and manage benefits such as health insurance, retirement plans, and other employment perks.
The Employee Services section also provides links to various human resources policies and procedures.
The Howdy portal offers access to university email accounts for all students, faculty, and staff members. The email system is an essential communication tool for sharing information about academic and administrative matters, collaborating on projects, and staying connected with the campus community.
Learning Management System
Texas A&M University utilizes the Canvas learning management system (LMS), which can be accessed through the Howdy portal. Canvas serves as a virtual classroom, where instructors can post course materials, create and grade assignments, host online discussions, and manage assessments.
Students can access their course content, submit assignments, participate in discussions, and track their academic progress. Canvas is designed to support both in-person and online learning experiences.
Through the Howdy portal, users can access a wealth of library resources that support research and learning. These resources include electronic databases, online journals, e-books, research guides, and more. Students and faculty can also access services such as interlibrary loan, research consultations, and citation management tools to enhance their research experience.
Campus Announcements and Events
Howdy provides a centralized location for information about campus news, events, and important deadlines. Users can stay informed about upcoming activities, guest speakers, workshops, and other campus happenings.
Announcements may include registration deadlines, financial aid deadlines, and other time-sensitive information.
Additional Tools and Services
Howdy offers a variety of other tools and services to support students, faculty, and staff. These resources include campus maps, academic calendars, IT support, software downloads, and more.
By providing access to these resources in a single location, the Howdy portal streamlines the user experience and helps members of the campus community stay organized and informed.
Scholarship Award Information:
Amount: $20,000 to be given over four years, plus a $1,000 Study Abroad Stipend
Number of Scholarship Awards: Varies
Start of the Application Period: August 1st; Annually
• Incoming Freshman Students – December 1st
• Continuing Students – February 1st
Major: Check official website for more information
Eligible Students: Graduating high school seniors residing and attending schools in the Central Texas, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Rio Grande Valley, and San Antonio areas.
- Must maintain the minimum GPA requirement.
- Must enroll as a full-time student at the Texas A&M University
- Must not be on conduct probation
- Some Scholars may be required to write and send thank you letters to the donors
- Must enroll with at least 30 credit hours each academic year
- Students are required to enroll as complete a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Complete the StrengthQuest inventory during the summer prior to enrolling in the University
- Complete the UGST-181 Century Scholars course
- Participate in four (4) spring semester Freshmen Development Activities
- Complete at least ten (10) hours of community service before May 1st
– Attend two (2) Faculty Mentor meetings and do the follow-up paperwork before May 1st
– Complete ten (10) hours of community service
– Ten (10) hours of community service
– Five (5) hours of community service
– Participate in the Senior Recognition Ceremony Parents’ Weekend
1. Complete the online application through the howdy tamu portal. High school applicants are required to include their Apply for Texas Application.
2. Submit the following supplementary documents on or before the deadline:
a. Essay – Applicants are required to complete both Essay A and B. Both essays should be typewritten and should not exceed the allotted space.
b. Transcripts – Submit an official copy of your high school transcript that shows your grades from freshman through junior years, as well as your class rank. Transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelope to the Office of Administration and Records.
c. SAT I and/or ACT Score – A score report must include writing component score.
High School Transcripts should be sent to the following address:
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 30014
College Station, TX 77842-3014
Tips for Scholarship Application:
Here are some do’s and don’ts for filling our the scholarship application
- Include your date of birth
- Answer all the questions completely
- Provide your personal essay on topics A and B
- Request that your SAT I or ACT scores be sent to the University by the testing agency
- Mail your official transcripts separately
- Check your application status at howdy.tamu.edu
- Include your complete name
- Let someone else submit your application for you on the portal
- Rush through the application process
- Submit your resume
- Submit letters of references
- Wait until the last minute to start on your application
- Assume that your application is complete
Aside from the monetary award, scholars will also gain access to 1st-rate education and programs that prepare promising students to become state, national, and world leaders such as: academic support and hands-on contact with different advisors; mentorships with faculty; multiple opportunities to serve as a Century Scholar Ambassador; and participation in freshman seminars that focuses on academic and personal success, campus involvement, community engagement, and civic responsibilities.
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-1252
Phone: (979) 845-3982
Fax: (979) 847-9061
Email: [email protected]