The Century Scholars Program (CSP) is a collaboration of efforts between the Texas A&M University and 104 high schools located throughout the state of Texas. Established in 1999, the CSP is a scholarship and retention program that seeks to increase the number of enrolled students from under-represented Texas high schools.
Amount: $20,000 to be given over four years, plus a $1,000 Study Abroad Stipend
Number of Scholarship Awards: Varies
Start of the Application Period: August 1st; Annually
• Incoming Freshman Students – December 1st
• Continuing Students – February 1st
Major: Check official website for more information
Eligible Students: Graduating high school seniors residing and attending schools in the Central Texas, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Rio Grande Valley, and San Antonio areas.
– Must maintain the minimum GPA requirement.
– Must enroll as a full-time student at the Texas A&M University
– Must not be on conduct probation
– Some Scholars may be required to write and send thank you letters to the donors
– Must enroll with at least 30 credit hours each academic year
– Students are required to enroll as complete a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
– Complete the StrengthQuest inventory during the summer prior to enrolling in the University
– Complete the UGST-181 Century Scholars course
– Participate in four (4) spring semester Freshmen Development Activities
– Complete at least ten (10) hours of community service before May 1st
– Attend two (2) Faculty Mentor meetings and do the follow-up paperwork before May 1st
– Complete ten (10) hours of community service
– Ten (10) hours of community service
– Five (5) hours of community service
– Participate in the Senior Recognition Ceremony Parents’ Weekend
1. Complete the online application through the howdy tamu portal. High school applicants are required to include their Apply for Texas Application.
2. Submit the following supplementary documents on or before the deadline:
a. Essay – Applicants are required to complete both Essay A and B. Both essays should be typewritten and should not exceed the allotted space.
b. Transcripts – Submit an official copy of your high school transcript that shows your grades from freshman through junior years, as well as your class rank. Transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelope to the Office of Administration and Records.
c. SAT I and/or ACT Score – A score report must include writing component score.
High School Transcripts should be sent to the following address:
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 30014
College Station, TX 77842-3014
Tips for Scholarship Application:
Here are some do’s and don’ts for filling our the scholarship application
• Include your complete name
• Include your date of birth
• Answer all the questions completely
• Provide your personal essay on topics A and B
• Request that your SAT I or ACT scores be sent to the University by the testing agency
• Mail your official transcripts separately
• Check your application status at howdy.tamu.edu
• Let someone else submit your application for you on the portal
• Rush through the application process
• Submit your resume
• Submit letters of references
• Wait until the last minute to start on your application
• Assume that your application is complete
Aside from the monetary award, scholars will also gain access to 1st-rate education and programs that prepare promising students to become state, national, and world leaders such as: academic support and hands-on contact with different advisors; mentorships with faculty; multiple opportunities to serve as a Century Scholar Ambassador; and participation in freshman seminars that focuses on academic and personal success, campus involvement, community engagement, and civic responsibilities.
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-1252
Phone: (979) 845-3982
Fax: (979) 847-9061
Email: [email protected]